Welcome to the 2017 Season! We are excited for some great play this year and hopefully your New Year’s Resolution was to play more GOLF! This winter has been quite mild so far and that leads to the hope that we will get a great jump on the upcoming golf season.
The theme for this year “Sharpen the Saw”. First, it means that you must take care of yourself-you may need to begin an exercise program, or to take more time away from your stress to make time for yourself. Second, you must work on what needs work; it may be your chipping and pitching game or your putter, but you need to stop neglecting your trouble areas or you will never get better. Third, help sharpen your saw by discontinuing negative self talk (this may be the hardest section to complete). For most players negative self talk is the only voice they know while playing and I am quite sure that the most negative of us has no idea how to shut out that voice. Here are a few ways to help change your voice: a) after you hit a shot try to not react positive or negatively no matter where the shot ends up, be neutral. b) keep your eye on the horizon with your head up. As I drive the course in the Summer I can always tell who is playing well and who is not just by the direction their eyes are looking. c) Keep in mind that golf (however important to you) does not define you as a person. You must approach golf with humility and you will have much more fun while on the course.
Upcoming Golf Events for 2017:
- Good Friday Open– Good Friday 14th-Look for details in a separate email.
- Ladies Opening Tuesday-April 18th at 10am—Thru the end of May the beginning time will be 10am, June-July-August play will begin at 9am, September start time back to 10am.
- One Day Member Guest-Friday April 21st-as usual we plan on a nice day of golf, food, and fun. Just as last year one of guest participants will walk away as a New Golf Member. The event will begin with lunch at 11:30, a 1:00 shotgun start, and dinner and prizes to follow play. This event is open to both Golf and Social Members that wish to bring guests.
- Opening Day-Saturday April 29th–9:15 am Shotgun Start, A great way to kick off your season. Breakfast will include coffee and doughnuts, with lunch buffet to follow play. Both the Ladies and Men’s event will be 2 Best Balls of 4. Sign up ends for both Men and Ladies on Thursday April 27th at 5pm. (Ladies must also pre-sign to play)
- Men’s Invitational–the dates are as follows: June 1-2-3, Thursday optional Practice Round, Tournament play Friday and Saturday. Please watch your mail for the flyer.
- 3 Day Junior Golf Camp Tuesday June 13th– Thursday June 15th -only 25 participants taken
- 1 Day Junior Camp-Thursday June 29th
- 1 Day Junior Camp-Thursday July 27th
- Exchange Days-we will announce the schedule in the April Links.