I know we have had a bad summer, but keep your eyes on the horizon and not your shoes. The weather is bound to get better….
Several events remain on the schedule:
Chili Classic, Saturday October 6th–The golf event will begin with a Noon Shotgun start, followed by dinner and Awards Night coupled with some great surprises. As printed in the e-news you may have guests, you may plan your group, or you can sign up as a single. This is open to all members and guests. The Chili will be served prior to the start of golf (starting at 11 am), which will enable the pace of play to go faster. WARNING-we play without regard to the elements, rain, shine, sleet, or snow (however I don’t think snow is in the forecast this year).
Pumpkin Par 3-The Second Annual PP3 will take place on Saturday the 20th of October starting with a Noon Shotgun, lunch served prior at 11 am. Teams can be set up thru the Golf Shop or as always you can make your own. Tees will be set up as all par 3’s and handicaps will be reduced accordingly for this 9 hole event. (The format change was made to get the PP3 in prior to airification.)
The Ladies Association had a very good but wet year in 2018 with a surge in participation. Special Thanks to Robin Giunta President, JoAn Treskovich Vice- President, Sheila Kassel Secretary, Betty Rosa Treasurer, and Holly Hall Golf Chairwoman. It was a great year of golf with better weather for Tuesday mornings than I can ever remember. Thank you for all your continued support.
Sharpen the saw for October- every spring as golfers we come out and do some stretches and think “I am ready to play good golf.” Do yourself a favor and start your stretching program now in October it will pay dividends in March of 2019. If you are not sure where to begin here are some helpful tips: 1-search your TV, many TVs are now equipped with special workout videos. 2-the local gym or Ligonier Valley YMCA will be a great place to look for classes or a personal trainer. 3-the local library would be a great place to check out a book or a video.
If you begin now and continue thru the winter you will be in much better shape to play the game of a lifetime.
The Golf Shop has a few things happening in the near future that all Members should know:
- The Practice Range will close on Sunday October 21st.
- Practice Range Sunday-the practice range Sunday October 7th, 14th, will close at 3pm . .
- Credit in the Golf Shop must be used by Sun. Oct 28th. We have a great selection of soft goods for both Ladies and Men including warm weather gear. Cathy has just received several shipments of Ladies garments that will ready you for cool nights wherever your travels take you this fall or winter.
- The Golf Shop, Bag Storage, and Locker Rooms will not be open any Monday thru October or November.
- Beginning Tuesday Oct the 16th, the Golf Shop will open at 9am on weekdays of Tuesday thru Friday. The Golf Shop will open @ 7:30am on weekends.