Plan on making August your golf month, grass will wait, weeds will always be there, but golf time is precious.
- July.31st and August 7th Queen Bee (pre-sign in locker room)
- XXIO-Cleveland-Srixon Ball Fitting Demo Day Aug.7th 4-7pm
- Pennsylvania Ladies State Amateur week of Aug 13-16th, the course will be closed Monday all day, Tuesday will re-open in the afternoon, Wednesday will re-open around noon, and Thursday has yet to be decided. Melane Baraniak is in charge of the volunteers for the week, you may either contact her or sign up in the Golf Shop. We are very excited to have the Ladies Amateur visit our club, come out and enjoy some great golf.
- Ladies Classic Tuesday Aug 21st-Noon Shotgun
- Day Weekend–Patriots Golf Day Collection
- Sept 26th Ladies Closing Day
- Sat Oct 7th Chili Classic
Congratulations to Mike Dandrea (17), Bob Jacobs (7), and Joe Griffith (7) whom all had Hole-In-One’s this month. Well Done!!!
The Club Championship will be held on September Sat and Sun the 15th and 16th of August, with both Ladies and Men participating. Championship will be from Blue Tees, all other Men’s flights will start from tees that you may choose either Green or White, however you must choose at the time tee assignment time of sign up with the Golf Shop. Ladies play will be from the red tees. The entry fee will $25 and include prizes in all divisions. Players will be divided into flights according to handicap. We will have both a net and a gross skins game on Sunday. Please join us this weekend for your Club Championship. All groups will be 36-hole medal play. Sign up with Golf Shop staff.
New Ladies Event- Edgewood CC 20 vs 20 Ligonier Country Club, Thursday September 20th @ 9am. Twenty ladies from Edgewood CC have been invited to play here at Ligonier. This is a fun event open to all lady golf members with a USGA handicap. It includes Breakfast, Lunch, Carts and Skill prizes for $60. Please sign up in the Golf Shop! Deadline to sign up is September 6th. Next year Edgewood will host event.
The 5-Person Scramble will be held on Sunday September 2nd, starting with a 9:15 Shotgun start. As always every group will play in both the Gross and Net, the Golf Shop assigns handicaps to make the Handicap division. The entry fee will be $75 and include breakfast at 8am, lunch following play, golf and prizes. As always if you wish to play and do not have a group, you may call the Golf Shop and we will try our best to pair you. There will be an optional skins game.
The turnout for the Member-Member reflected the weather sunny and bright. Bill, Bobbi Jo and the entire F&B staff threw a great themed Horse Race party and the golf course was in wonderful condition! The Winners were:
Net 1st -$100 ea. Melane Baraniak-Kristen Obush 2nd -$50 ea. Betty Rosa-Karen Hough Gross 1st -$100 ea. Sheila Kassel-Carol Onufro
1st-$125ea. Ken Burkley-John Vesely119
Tie 2nd-$75ea. Don Hudson-Paul Zanotto
Tie 2nd $75ea. Ryan Matsko-Brad Jacovitz
Tie 2nd $75ea.Barry Kassel- Ken Hue120
5th-$45ea.Bill Bode-Les Botkin 123
6th-$40ea. Chuck Suprock-Greg Caruso 126
Tie 7th 8th $20 ea.- Joe Griffith-Oz Dean
Tie 7th-8tht-Mike Goerlich-Terry Lee
Tie 7-8th Brian Quinn-Jeep Quinn-127
1st-$125ea. Mike Cunningham-Dave Strauser139
2nd-$100ea Corey Riddell-Al Jurica140
Tie3rd-$40ea. Ben Biss-Tom Vince141
Tie 3rd Dan Mcdonald-Rick Mcleary
Thank you to all that played and supported the club.
Patriots Golf Days will be held in conjunction with the Labor Day Weekend. The fund that we will be collecting that weekend helps children of US Soldiers that have been killed or very badly disabled. We have collected over $1500 in the past 3 seasons, please be generous. Everyone that donates $5 or more will be put into a drawing to win a basket donated by the Golf Shop.
Just friendly reminders:
- Please knock the sand off your shoes after leaving the bunker prior to entering green complex.
- Please check in at the Golf Shop prior to starting play. The Golf Shop needs to be aware of all players on the golf course.
- The range closes at 5pm at every Sunday for weekly maintenance.
Question of Month:
Q-What are the requirements when the siren blows for lightning in the area?
A-The requirements are as follows:
2-Find shelter or vacate the golf course
3-Wait for all clear to resume play
Anyone not adhering to this specific lightning procedure will be subject to the Board of Directors review.
John Klinchock PGA Professional