Wow! Lets not dwell on things that we can’t change. We have plenty of great events to look forward to in the upcoming months, let’s look ahead and not back. The Shop is full of clubs along with demo clubs, bags, Spring clothing, grips, push carts, and much more; stop in to see what’s new for 2018. We hope to see you soon!
This year the season kicks off with Opening Day on Saturday April 28th. Format for both Men and Ladies this upcoming year will be Best 2 Balls of 4. Different this year will be that sign-up for both Men and Ladies will be closed at Noon on Friday the 27th. Teams will be made at that time with the existing players, this denotes a change for the ladies that always usually signed up to play the day of the event. Breakfast will be served at 8:30, with the Shotgun start at 9:15am. All teams will be computer generated ABCD; no pre-set teams will be accepted. We will begin the day with Coffee and Doughnuts, Play Golf @10am, have Lunch and give away the Prizes.
Ladies Day Tuesdays- in April, May, and September the Ladies Association will begin play at 10am, and during the Summer months play will begin at 9am. On Tuesday the 1st tee will be closed ½ hour prior to the beginning of play, general play will be able to start from 8am-9:30 in April, May, and September.
The Masters Tournament is slated to begin April 5th and we have a pool that will make the event more fun. For $10 you will pick you a player from A, B, C columns and the lowest weeks scores on all par 3’s played, therefore all players must make the cut . Please call the shop prior to 6pm Wednesday the 4th to sign up. Call and we will send out a sheet via text or email.
We very recently mailed out the Men’s Invitational letter, if you do not receive any kind of notification by April 1st please alert the Golf Shop. This year’s dates will be May 31, June 1 and 2. If you have missed this event in the prior years, mark it on your event schedule for this summer. Field is limited so please sign up by May 16th, however if we get the allotted teams prior to the deadline a waiting list will be invoked. This is the premier event of the Men’s Golf Season, try it once and you will be hooked.
Spring Member-Guest–Wednesday May 2nd 1pm Shotgun-The day begins with a lunch for you and your guests beginning at 11:30 followed by a 1pm shotgun start time. The event being a Best 2of 4 format, with plenty of Closest to the Pins, Long Putts, and Long Drives. Bill and his staff will follow up play with a great dinner and we will calculate the scores, collect the proximities and hand out the prizes. Our guarantee is that every guest will leave LCC very happy and extremely well fed. This event is open to all membership categories, and is a great way to entertain clients, show off our facility, introduce people you wish to join, or a great way to say Thank You to that person that plowed your driveway all winter. This event will replace the Fall Member Guest, and will contain a drawing for free minimums for a lucky Member, and someone’s guest that day will be drawn for a FREE Golf Membership.
Tri County Golf Courses-Please go onto the Tri-County website (www.tri-countygolf.com) to find the list of clubs that are members. I think it would be a great golfing summer if you hit all those clubs, $30 during the weekdays, and $35 on weekends you have quite a selection. You must make tee times through our Golf Shop and be a full Golf Member to enjoy this special perk.
Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls are now Buy 3 get one free in a Spring Customer Appreciation Sale, balls must be ordered thru Titleist and can be imprinted up to 3 lines of text. Numbers can either be 1-4, 5-8, or your special 2 digit number. This program runs thru the first 2 weeks of April and can’t be used for corporate logo balls.
Mothers Day Sale-we will have some great sales the week of Mothers Day, plus (as always) free gift wrapping.
- Mizuno Demo Day Thursday May 8th 3-6:30
- Ping Demo Day Tuesday May 15th 3-6:30
- Cobra Demo Day Thursday May 24th 3-6:30
- Senior Club Championship Saturday May 19th Morning TEE TIMES Will be assigned
- Ladies Opening Tuesday-April 17th at 10am
- Men’s Stag (1st of Season)-Wednesday June 13th 1pm Shotgun-The day begins with an optional lunch for you and your guests. 1pm will be the start time with the event being a Best 2of 4 format, with plenty of Closest to the Pins, Long Putts, and Long Drives. Bill and his staff will follow up play with a great dinner and we will calculate the scores, collect the proximities and hand out the prizes. Our guarantee is that every guest will leave LCC very happy and extremely well fed. This event is open to all membership categories, and is a great way to entertain clients, show off our facility, introduce people you wish to join, or a great way to say Thank You to that person that plowed your driveway all winter (you owe them a lot of thanks).
- Memorial Day Best of 2 Weekend Event–3 days of regular tee-times, play with a different partner every day, or stick with the same partner all 3 days. You can play any amount of days, or the entire weekend.
Junior Camp- will be held on Wednesday June 27th thru Friday June 29th. We are only taking 25 youth for this year’s camp, and we anticipate camp filling up quickly. The camp will be 8-12 on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Please call the Golf Shop to register ASAP.
One Day Junior Camps–Thursday June 7th 8:30-12:30. The other One Day camp date will be Thursday August 2nd from 8:30-12:30
King Of Swing-The Annual event will begin in May, sign up fills up quickly, and we just take the first 31 and last years King of Swing (Bill Thompson). Draw is done randomly and the event will be played at 90% handicap. This single elimination event is one of the most fun events of the year. Call the Golf Shop to enter.
The Two PERSON Team Championship-Signup is going on as we speak and several teams have already signed up to become this year’s CHAMPIONS. The Championship is a BETTER BALL MATCH PLAY Single elimination Team Tournament. Last year’s Champions Corey Riddell and Al Jurica have already said “we are ready for all challengers this year.” Wow-we have never had taunting champions. Players can play the Tee that they normally play and all handicaps will be adjusted accordingly. If you want to play more golf this Summer this is certainly a way to get started.
Cart Cards and Guest Cards are on sale until April 15th.
Some Tri-County courses do not want exchange days, they don’t see a benefit for their club. Both Exchange Days and Tri-County days are reserved for Full Golf Members only, Social Members and guests are welcome, but must pay the applicable green fee. Please do not put Ligonier C.C. in an uncomfortable position by allowing guests to participate. Exchange days and Tri-County are rewards for being a Full Golf Member. We have asked the participating courses to keep a sign-in sheet and forward to our Golf Shop.
Just as a reminder to all members:
- The Club understands that athletic clothing is reaching all new demographics, we would like to remind everyone that new Under amour, Nike, and Adidas shirts must have an 1 ½ inch collar on them to be considered a Golf shirt. Please refer to the Dress Code in your Membership booklet to alleviate all questions.
- Members are always responsible for their guests.
- In order for the Golf Shop to serve you better, TEE TIMES are always required.
- Look for the return of the Late-Tees Thursday bi-weekly golf to be finalized in the May news.
- Jeans are not permitted on the course following March 31st.
- Please be aware that the parking lot speed limit is 15 miles per hour, my young men and women are in the lot trying to service you with your bags and carts, please be aware as you pull thru the lot.
The Golf Shop will open at 9am weekdays until April 13th, on the 17th we will begin opening on the weekdays at 7:30 and Tee-Times will begin at 8am. We will continue to open at 7:30 on the weekends until Memorial Day when the Golf Shop will begin to open at 6:30; we are trying to accommodate players that wish to get out on the course earlier.