We hope that you have been taking advantage of this great weather, I cannot remember a September any better.
Several events remain to review:
Chili Classic, Saturday October 7th–The golf event will begin with a Noon Shotgun start, followed by dinner and Awards Night coupled with some great surprises. As printed in the e-news which you rec. from the Golf Shop, you may have guests, you may plan your group, or you can sign up as a single. This is open to all members and guests. The Chili will be served prior to the start of golf, which will enable the pace of play to go faster. WARNING-we play without regard to the elements, rain, shine, sleet, or snow (however I don’t think snow is in the forecast this year)
Pumpkin Par 3-The Second Annual PP3 will take place on Saturday the 21st of October starting with a 3pm Shotgun. Teams can be set up thru the Golf Shop or as always you can make your own. Tees will be set up as all par 3’s and handicaps will be reduced accordingly for this 9 hole event. (The format change was made to get the PP3 in prior to airification.)
The 19th Annual King of Swing was concluded this past week. The winner was Bill Thompson defending his crown from last season, he beat runner-up Brian Quinn by a score of 3 &2, in an exclusive with this reporter “all my matches were fun and Brian played very well, we both wanted to be this year’s King of Swing.” It was a very good match that was decided by a few holed putts coming down the stretch. Congratulations to Bill!
The Ladies Association had a very good year in 2017 with a surge in participation. Special Thanks to Karen Hough President, Vice President Robin Giunta, Sheila Kassel Secretary, Betty Rosa Treasurer, and Holly Hall Golf Chairwoman. It was a great year of golf with better weather for Tuesday mornings than I can ever remember. Thank you for all your continued support.
The Folds of Honor collection over Labor Day netted exactly $450. Once again thank you for your generosity! Winner of the basket donated by the Golf Shop was Paul Zanotto.
Sharpen the saw for October- every spring as golfers we come out and do some stretches and think “I am ready to play good golf.” Do yourself a favor and start your stretching program now in October it will pay dividends in March of 2018. If you are not sure where to begin here are some helpful tips: 1-search your TV, many TVs are now equipped with special workout videos. 2-the local gym or Ligonier Valley YMCA will be a great place to look for classes or a personal trainer. 3-the local library would be a great place to check out a book or a video. If you begin now and continue thru the winter you will be in much better shape to play the game of a lifetime.
The Golf Shop has a few things happening in the near future that all Members should know:
- The Practice Range will close on Sunday October 22nd.
- Practice Range Sunday-the practice range Sunday October 1st,8th, 15th, will close at 3pm . .
- Credit in the Golf Shop must be used by Sun. Oct 29th. We have a great selection of soft goods for both Ladies and Men including warm weather gear. Cathy has just received several shipments of Ladies garments that will ready you for cool nights wherever your travels take you this fall or winter.
- The Golf Shop, Bag Storage, and Locker Rooms will not be open any Monday thru October or November.
- Beginning Tuesday Oct the 17th, the Golf Shop will open at 9am on weekdays. The Golf Shop will open @ 7:30am on weekends starting October 7th.
- August and September were busy months for the Club as well as the Golf Shop. Thank you for your continued support of the Golf Shop and its young outside staff.