This Spring has not been the best but we anticipate that it will get better, keep your eyes on the horizon and not down at your feet.
Events to keep on your schedule:
- Memorial Day Weekend– you can play any amount of days you wish, have as many partners as you wish, and the event will be scored over 3 days. This Pick Your Partner event will be a fun filled team event and you may even have a different partner all 3 days. Simply pick a partner for Saturday, Sunday, or Monday and play best ball of 2, we will pay low team money for the day, as well as the overall weekend low teams.
- The Men’s Invitational May 31-June1-2– We currently have a few team spots yet to fill, please call the Golf Shop to sign up your team. That weekend will once again be one of the great highlights of this Golf Season. It is by far an exciting event as well as fun for all, don’t put it off any longer and come join us for some fun.
- Red Solo Cup Open Saturday June 30th -4pm shotgun with a fun 9 hole par 3 format followed by the band Hy-5 in the outdoor facility. More details to follow!
- Ladies Invitational Tuesday 9am Shotgun Start-The Ladies Invitational has been the marquee day for the Summer in the schedule for the last 25 years. Please sign up in the Golf Shop or in the Ladies Locker Room. Continental breakfast will start the day at 8am and lunch will follow play. You may sign up with 1,2,or3 guests.
- Big Skins-Tuesday July 4th
- Member-Member Saturday-Sunday July 14th-15th
- The Team Match Play Championship-We are still in search of teams for the TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP. We had 28 teams last year sign up to play but this year we have a few less at this current time. Just as a reminder that you can play from the Green, White, or Red tees, whichever suits your game.
We have begun sign up for PGA Junior League-the league is for juniors ages 7-13 in the beginner and intermediate stage of learning. Our club along with Hannastown, Oakbrook, TotterRidge, and Westmoreland will be hosting and traveling to play others teams. We will need 10-12 juniors to participate to have a team and will play at all the above clubs as well as here. Juniors will have several scheduled supervised practices here, play away matches at all of the above venues, PGA home and away team shirt with name and number on back, PGA tee-shirt, hat, bag tag, stickers, and drawstring bag. The matches will be scramble two person team format in 3-3 hole match format, kids will be part of a team and have fun while playing! Sign up runs thru May 23 and cost for everything will be $175. We understand that people have vacations along with other sports and can’t make every scheduled practice or match but don’t miss this fun opportunity to get your daughter, son, or grandchild involved.
I would believe that most of us know when inclement weather is approaching with all the smart devices we have in our possession at any one time. Our weather siren is sounded for emergency purposes only! If you hear it you must come in off the golf course or find immediate shelter, anyone playing through a siren blast may not only be tempting fate but also putting your family or friends in danger.
Demo Days-Come join us for demo days and receive a special coupon.
- Ping Tuesday May 15th – 3-7
- Cobra-Thursday May 24th 3:30-6:30
- Mizuno Tuesday May 8th-3-7
- Callaway TBA
Tee Time Protocol-tee times are always needed, simply call the Golf Shop and we can maximize your enjoyment here at the club.
King of Swing–sign-up is now under way to find a match Play Champion, Matches will begin mid-May. We have 5 openings currently available, please don’t get shut out. Bill Thompson is very excited about defending his championships (two consecutive), come see if you were born to be The King of Swing.
Team Championship-the field for the Team Championship has continued to grow. We hope the fill completely however if the field is not filled by May 15th we will draw matches and byes will be awarded randomly to the a few lucky teams. I hope that you will find a partner and sign up for this event that promises to be one of the great traditions of Summer @ LCC.
Ladies Late Tees Play Evenings– Every Tuesday evening from June through the end of August we will have Late-tee times at 5:30 pm. All L.C.C. ladies are welcome to join us for a relaxed time to play. This is golf for all skill levels. Please join us after work or for evening golf with LCC friends! John will be on hand some of the evenings for a quick clinic. Please call the Golf Shop for details or to sign up!
Mothers Day– Your Mom called and said she wants Ligonier Country Club Gear! Stop by the Golf Shop to buy Mom the newest LCC Sportswear for Mothers Day. We have a great selection of outerwear for enjoying the Pavilion! Free Gift wrapping is available!
Opening Day April 28th; check the website next week for the winners.
The innovation in clubs will certainly make your head spin with so many options, let us help you through the info overload. Last year we have purchased an Ernest Sports Launch Monitor, and have had very good luck with fitting both Woods and irons this early season. We have more demo clubs this year than ever before, multiple demo putters and quite a few demo wedges. The Golf Shop carries everything from great value starter sets for both ladies and men such as Tour Edge, through top line equipment such as Ping, Titleist, Taylormade, Mizuno, and Callaway. Let your local Golf Shop help you instead of some big box store that does not know your name and doesn’t care if you ever come back following your purchase.
Upcoming Exchange Days (updated as of 4-25) Cart Cost is Now $25–Full Golf Members Only
- Wednesday May 23rd -Somerset CC
- Monday June 18th Donegal Highlands GC
- Monday July 16th Latrobe Elks
- Tuesday July 17th Ebensberg CC
- Monday July 30th GlenGary
- Thursday July 12th-Champion Lakes GC
- Monday August 20th Valley Green GC
LCC also belongs to the Tri-County Golf Association, the Association is a group of like minded clubs that allow members of member clubs to enjoy golf at a variety of place, you may visit the TCGA website or our web site to see a list of clubs. Both the TCGA and exchange days are restricted to Full Golf Members only! The Golf Shop must make the arrangements for the TCGA with member clubs.
New Range Hours-The Practice Range will close on Sunday evening at 5pm so that weekly work can be performed. The range will be open 100+ hours a week but must be closed once a week to make it more attractive.
Congratulations to Bill Rosa($180) who won the Masters Par 3 Pool, second place was a tie between Chris Antonikas, Christian Giannone, and Chris Mendillo ($73 each). The US Open is right around the corner.